Every month, De Programmatica Ipsum invites one or more paid guest writers to publish their thoughts in our publication. Yes, you read right: we pay our guest writers. We actively favor giving voice to diverse groups in every issue. Also, they get a free one-year subscription!
Our schedule for the next issues is the following:
- #11, August 2019: Project management methodologies: agile, waterfall.
- #12, September 2019: Being a senior developer.
De Programmatica Ipsum is:
- Friendly. You are not doing it wrong, they are not doing it wrong, you each have different contexts and experiences that we would like to highlight and learn from.
- Inclusive. You, our reader, and they, our example third person, are not a college-educated white man with no disabilities unless you or they tell us that is how you or they want to be identified.
- Experienced. We, including our guest contributors, are happy to acknowledge that we have seen a lot over the years and want to share the fruits of that experience with our readers, while being mindful of the different experiences you have had that we have not.
Terms and Conditions for Writers
Some guidelines when writing in De Programmatica Ipsum, as a complement of the general Terms and Conditions:
- De Programmatica Ipsum always goes live on the first Monday of each month.
- We need the first draft of your article 3 weeks before publication (around the 10th of the previous month; for example, for June’s edition, that’d be May 10th.)
- If you cannot reach the deadline, because sometimes life happens, no worries; get in touch with us quickly and we will see what we can do.
About the content of your article:
- We expect your article to have between 1200 to 2000 words maximum.
- You are free to speak your mind around the topic; we will only edit your article for grammar and visual appearance.
- You must respect the voice of this magazine.
- We reserve our right to reject your article at any time. We will tell you why, and we will help you during the process if you still want to publish it with us.
About the style of your article:
- The Title Of The Article, Subtitles, And Headings Are Always Capitalized.
- If at all possible, try not to interrupt the flow of your text with pictures. Your writing is the most important thing.
- You should pick an image from Unsplash to be the “featured image” of the article. A link with credits to the author of the picture must appear at the end of the article. If you do not pick one, we will do that for you during edition.
- You should add a short summary for your article in the “Excerpt” section of the editor. If you do not do it, we will do it for you during edition.
Payment and Rights:
- As soon as you confirm your participation in an upcoming issue, you must create an account; let us know your username and we will give you author rights.
- You must complete your author page with a Gravatar profile image, a bio, and a banner (please check Adrian’s profile to see an example.)
- After registration you will immediately receive a 1 (one) year subscription to this website.
- We will pay you via PayPal (or bank transfer) within 10 (ten) days after the issue (the one where your article appears) is effectively published in the website. We will need your PayPal e-mail (or IBAN number) for that.
- You own the copyright on your article.
- You give us an exclusive, lifetime publication license to your article, including republication rights in other media.
- Once published, your article cannot be reproduced in any other medium, in printed, electronic or other means, without our explicit authorization. You can, however, link to it from anywhere any way you like and as often as desired (social media, website, e-mail, etc.)
If you would like to work with us (and not for us) in the next edition of the magazine, whoever you are, just fill the form below: